Fashion & Lifestyle: Krew's Birth Story


Krew's Birth Story

I am just now sitting down to write Krew's birth story. Life has been crazy these past 3 weeks and I have been soaking up every second with my new little family. On September 29th we went to my regular doctors appointment to find out nothing had really changed since the week before. I was so sad, even though I had been preparing myself to go a late it still isn't fun to hear. At my doctors appointment my amazing doctor said he would schedule a non stress test for Wednesday, October 1st (my due date) at 9am to see if we could find a reason to induce me. So on Tuesday it was just a normal day. I didn't want to get my hopes up that I would be induced the next day so we just had a normal day and night.  After work wr watched The Voice (I did squats and lunges between each commercial, it was pretty comical to watch I'm sure) and relaxed just like a normal Tuesday night. We were able to get a good night's rest and got up and headed to the hospital. Since I wasn't expecting anything I got ready for the day as if I was going to go to work after my appointment at the hospital. We went in and I got hooked up to the monitors, they did and ultrasound to check  my fluids and then monitored the baby. The lady doing the ultrasounds said my fluids were BARELY low but if the baby emptied his bladder there would be enough fluids. However, that was enough for them. My doctor came in and said well, let's  have this baby today! I wanted to cry.. there were so many emotions as I lay there feeling Krew kick inside me for what would be some of the last times. I was in shock. Rob called my mom and told her she better pack her bags because I was being induced. He then texted everyone else told them! We went up and waited in the waiting room of labor and delivery for what seemed like forever and at 10 30am they took us back to my amazing delivery  room, it was huge and on the corner of the hospital so the one and a half of the walls was just windows it was nice! At about 10 45am the nurse came in and hooked me up to my IV and my doctor came in and sat down on my bed and said well, let's speed things up. He then broke my water with what looked like a giant stick! Then they turned up my Pitocin. So my 11am I was all hooked up and ready to go. When they broke my water I was dilated to a 2 and 100% effaced. For an hour I went through the contractions and well.. I wanted to die. That pain is terrible and man I would never go natural (by choice) so I told Rob to go find the anesthesiologist. He and the nurse both told me this could slow things down but I didn't care! So at about 1pm I got my epidural and I was dilated to almost a 5. That is about when my mom and Rob's mom showed up. We sat and chatted and I at flavored ice chips, at about 230pm my nurse came and checked me again and I was at an 8. Things were moving along and I was so happy! After getting the epidural labor was great I could do it over and over. At about 3pm I was feeling quite a bit of pressure and I was shaking uncontrollably. So I told Rob to go get the nurse to check me. She came in and checked me and said Wow there is his head. You are at a 10 and he is coming! Again shock is all I felt! Rob was such a Rockstar this whole time, he stood right by me and held my had! I am so lucky to have him! The doctor came right in and suited up, I pushed 2 times and he had to give me an episiotomy then he said now give me a half push and out came Krew. At 3:20pm weighing in at 7 lbs 15 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long our sweet baby boy entered the world. Tears of joy just started flowing, I can't even put into words the emotions I felt as I saw my baby for the first time and watched as his daddy just fell in love. That was my little family and i was so in love. That moment was so amazing and I wish I could relive it over and over. They took Krew over and cleaned him up and weighed then brought him over to do skin to skin. I had such an amazing experience with my delivery and really with my recovery. My doctor said my next baby I will have to be induced a week early because I have fast deliveries! It is all such a miracle, I am so in love with Krew and my little family. He is such a good eater and loves to be held. He hates his diaper getting changed and his carseat. I am loving every moment with him, he has already changed and grown so much! We went to his 2 week appointment and he is now 8 pounds 14 ounces, 21 inches long. :) thanks for being patient while I've  been MIA loving on my baby!


Thanks for commenting!
XOXO, Mariah